Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Moment of Thanks

I'm sitting in my office and am up to my elbows in "stuff" to do but had to stop for a moment to give thanks. This morning in prayer, God spoke to me in a powerful way about ordering my day. I am by definition a "get 'er done gal" but God showed me I need to delegate more and focus on the things only I can do. Sometimes it's easier to just do whatever needs done instead of calling someone else to do it but I need to be better at that. I am thankful for the reminder, Lord.

Also, while I was typing the Kid's Inc. bulletin, I put in a new kid's worship CD that someone gave me. I was kinda listening and then got to the part of the bulletin that says "Next week's message" and prayed, Lord, what would You have me to preach about next Sunday? I stopped typing and opened my Bible to Romans chapter one and began to read. The scripture Romans 1:16 jumped off the page; "I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." Just then, the Newsboys song I Am Free started to play (incredible song!) and God showed me the Big Idea for next week - I am FREE and NOT ashamed. Ideas are flowing!

I am so thankful for the voice of God. How do people live without Jesus and the Holy Spirit? I mess up enough WITH Jesus in my life, I can't imagine what a mess I'd be without Him. :)

0 comments: