Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary Randy


Today is our 27th wedding anniversary! I cannot believe it has been that long! Most people know our story...short version...we met working at a Walgreens in Sioux City, had our first date 2 weeks later, eloped two months after that. So I met him in March and married him in June. I'd kill Micaela if she did that! Anyway, I got the BEST husband EVER! I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful man but I'm sure thankful that God saw fit to bring us together.


As in most marriages, we have had some difficult times. We had gone through unemployment (more than once), financial difficulties, family deaths, sickness, multiple surgeries, and child rearing. But through everything, we have grown together in our love for each other and our relationship with Jesus. I always say...I got the better end of the deal! Of course, we have had many wonderful memories, also. The births of our two kids, our vow renewal for our 15th anniversary, buying our first house, getting my ministry credentials, and the wonderful churches we have had the privilege of being a part of. Randy has been my rock. He always supports me, loves me when I'm grumpy, tells me I'm beautiful (he wears strong corrective lens!), takes care of me when I'm sick, is my cheerleader, and my best friend.


When I felt the call of ministry on my life, he was TOTALLY supportive and said "go for it!" He encourages me to be all Jesus wants me to be and reminds me of who I am in Christ and the purpose He has for me when I'm discouraged.


I have NEVER had to pick up his dirty socks, put away his shoes or clean up the kitchen after he makes a sandwich. He pitches in around the house without complaint and most of the time without me having to ask. He even makes the bed if I get up before him! I'm so blessed.


Happy Anniversary my love...you're the best. I pray the Lord gives us many more years together.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS to my favorite childrens' pastor and her fabulous husband! you guys are the best, we are going to be really sad not to see you so often. I've been alive only as long as you guys have been married! (hahaha! i couldn't resist)

little mama said...

Wow, that is awesome! Way to go PL and Mister Randy! Ava says, Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary. We think you both are the greatest!

amain said...

Happy Anniversary! You are both a GREAT example of what marriage can, and should!, be. Thanks for that...and so much more!!!

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary, you two love-birds! You are a great example of what is possible through a firm foundation on the Lord!! 27 years is awesome!

Dara said...

Happy Anniversary To You - Happy Anniversary to You - Happy Anniversary to the Eilers, Happy Anniversary to you - I was singing it but I have no music notes to put beside it! Happy 27 years!!!

joshua said...

Sweet! Awesome! Great!

27 is quite a milestone these days! Congrats