Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Week with Awnna and Colin











I'm sooo behind in blogging! Between a busy week with Awnna and Colin, bad Internet connections and my crazy knee, I just haven't been able to get to it.
Awnna and Colin spent a few days with us while Pastor Josh and Dara took a well deserved anniversary trip. We had a full, fun week! They were so good but I never could have made it without our daughter Micaela's help. My knee was giving me fits and slowing me down so Micaela jumped on board and helped with whatever she could. We started out the week with Chuck E. Cheese. Always a good time with the Chuckster! Chuck E. Cheese actually has pretty good pizza now. I remember when our kids were small, the pizza there wasn't the greatest.

We had a play date with Amy, Isabella, Lisi, and Rhys at Jordan Creek Mall's play area and story time at Barnes and Noble. So fun and such well behaved children. It's always interesting to watch a pack of kids in a place like the mall. You see every type of parenting going on and every type of kid's personality. That's a whole other blog...don't get me started. :)

Awnna and Colin LOVE to go swimming in our indoor pool so we got to swim twice. They have been coming here once a week for several months to swim and it has been fun to watch them get more comfortable in the water and try new things. Awnna has gotten the courage to jump off the side of the pool all by herself! Colin can wade out away from the steps and not panic, in fact, he's getting a little too brave without me being near. When we first started, both of them would cling to me like little leeches!

I can now recite the entire Lion King movie! You know how kids will get attached to a movie and watch it everyday for ages? Well, Colin's movie here is the Lion King. I guess it's better than Barney!
One of the things we do togther when they come over is to make dinner and set the table. It's so funny to watch. Whenever I say, "It's time to set the table.", Colin yells, "I get spoons and forks!" Awnna always does plates and napkins and then has to remind her brother to not move the napkins after she folds them and places them on the silverware!
It was a great week and I'd take them again in an instant. Just wish we could have made more progress in the potty training area to help Dara. I guess it's hard enough at home but too much to try and do it in another place without your momma.

1 comments:

Dara said...

They had SOOOOOO much fun. I am so glad that you got good pictures. I can snag them off of here. Thanks again. Mic -thanks to you too! They had a blast!