Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Old Friends

I had an opportunity today to connect with one of my oldest friends, Susie. We grew up in Sioux City and met when we were about 11 years old when we moved onto Lakeport Street. Susie now lives most of the year in Florida but spends a few months of summer at their lake house in Fremont, Nebraska. Her kids are a little younger than mine. Her daughter, Allie, will be a freshman at UNI this fall. She was in town for a little while on her way back to Fremont so we had little Starbucks and lots of conversation. It's so good to see a face from childhood days. Susie and I both had challenging home lives and our friendship gave us someone to lean on in those difficult times. Of course, that's before I had Jesus to lean on! It's so interesting how each of us "turned out" and where we are in our lives now. We see each other so rarely but always pick up talking like we just saw each other last week. I was so mad at myself...as she was driving away, I remembered I had my camera in my purse and didn't think to get a picture! Grrr! Anyway, it was a wonderful treat to see my pal.

1 comments:

amain said...

Don't you just love those friendships? I have had a few friends over the years that I do not see often enough, but pick up like no time has passed, but Kathleen Luchtel has been my friend since I was 7. AMAZING!