Friday, August 24, 2007

Bye-Bye







My girl left for school this morning. I'm not sure why, but this time was a little harder than last year. Kinda weird, you'd think it would be easier. Yesterday, Micaela, Keaton and I hung out together and went for some lunch.
We had a great summer together. Micaela was a huge help to me in so many ways. She really helped in the move, unpacking most of the stuff while I was at camp and even hung pictures. She was great at church! Micaela helped set up lights and sound every week and also with tear down. Here's some pics of how full her car was when she left. The house is gonna be too quiet!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Micaela is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I think she gets more so every time I see her. I wish I'd have had more chances to see her this summer. Time just rushes past us! I hope she can see enough to drive through all her junk!!!!;)

Jena said...

It was SO great to get to know Micaela this summer. She is such a sweet person! I hope she has a great year @ school.

Anonymous said...

I hope she just has an awesome year! She is a wonderful person and I know you are so proud :)!!!!!!

amain said...

I was just assuming that you would be driving her back to school this year...I cannot imagine just waving my daughter off to college!!!
Micaela DOES look just beautiful!!!
And we are looking forward to her being home on school breaks:)
Best wishes on an awesome year!!!

becky said...

I was just saying to Paul the other day that Micaela has really become her own person since she left for school. It is great to watch her becoming the woman God intended for her to be. She seems so much more calm and focused, that's awesome!!!! I'm sure she is going to have a great year!!!

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks all for your kind words...I've be so teary-eyed over her going. It's hard to stay sad when I talk to her and hear how excited she is to be back at school. She was almost singing she sounded so happy. I think I need a hug!

Jenn said...

I feel so lucky to have gotten to know her so much over the summer. I'm really going to miss her, I was so glad to hear she will be back often.