Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Inviting People

I've been watching for opportunities to invite more people to church and have decided that I needed to be more bold in my approach. I mean, come on, when people find out I am a pastor they pretty much expect me to invite them to church....right?!

I was at the church office today to sign for a delivery and a super nice guy was driving the truck. We had to make several trips up the elevator and got to talking. I told him about the church and he was a little confused at first about how it all worked but after I explained it, he seemed intrigued. I invited him to come check it out and he said, "I gotta be honest with you..I'm not really into church. I haven't been since I was like 6 or something." My boldness kicked in and I countered with, "Well, it's a good time for you to try it again. It's only one Sunday for a little more than and hour and what do you have to lose? I tell you what, you come check us out and when you get there ask for Pastor Lori cuz I'm gonna take you to lunch for visiting." He had a pretty stunned look on his face but I told him I meant it! So say a prayer that James will visit JCFC and we have the privilege of buying him some lunch!

2 comments:

becky said...

that's so awesome...it's amazing how many opportunities we really do have to invite people to church

amain said...

you ROCK, Pastor Lori!
You know I will have my eyes peeled for him!!