Monday, August 06, 2007

Go I-Cubs!





We had a great time at the I-Cubs game tonight with our good buddy Jaden and his Grandpa Tom. Jaden earned the date through our Buddy Barrel missions giving contest. He seemed to enjoy himself and grandpa taught him how the game worked. He sat and watched a lot longer than most 4 year olds! It was nice to catch up with Tom. We used to go to church together and of course we know all four of their kids so we had plenty to chat about. Jaden even liked waving at Cubbie and the other costume folks. I know sometimes costume characters can make kids nervous but Jaden thought they were pretty cool. Thanks for the good time guys!

I talked to the kids on Sunday about our next missions giving contest. On October 7, if we have a ONE DAY offering in Creek Kids of at least $500, I will dye part of my hair bright pink and wear it that way for two weeks! They were pretty excited about that.

6 comments:

amain said...

oh my goodness... I did not realize that it was a 1 DAY challenge! I already assured Isabella that I could think of all KINDS of ways for her to earn money for missions JUST so that Pastor Lori would have to dye her hair!!! (hee,hee,hee)

Chef Stinson Family said...

Oh this I will have to see!!! You will have to let me know if the kids make it!!! I will stop by with the girls, to see your hair!!!

Truders said...

Your getting very brave Lori!! You children's pastors are crazy! I love it though. Anything to get your kids to get going.

Angela said...

Jordan has talked NONSTOP about you dying your hair!

Anonymous said...

Lori My dear friend . It would be so worth a 3 hour drive to see this hair. And then we can go out to supper????

Lori Eilers said...

Hey Laurie...I'll post pictures but would love to see you in person! Dinner would be on me!