Saturday, August 30, 2008

And God Said...

I was in the bathroom doing my hair early this morning as we were taking off to go to Sioux City to see my family. As I was drying my hair and praying I had the thought, "You just need to set a date to move and not worry about Randy's job. Job or no job, set a date." I went out to Randy and told him I wasn't sure if it was a "God thought" or a "Lori thought" but this is what happened. He said, "Good, God told me that yesterday and I was just waiting for Him to tell you, too." So we got the calendar out and decided Sept. 24 would be our last day at our jobs, Sept. 25 we would load the truck and Friday, Sept. 26, we would get up EARLY and leave for Tennessee! We should get to Union City around 6 or 7 PM and have a crew unload the truck and spend Saturday setting up house and be in church on Sunday! So four weeks from now we are gone.

I called Pastor Tommy to tell him and I said that four weeks was gonna go so fast. He said fast for you not for us. Awww, made me feel good! Of course, there are many details to work out, but I'll not worry nor fret. God will order our steps and provide for our needs. After we set everything up I realized that meant one more pay check for Randy at the end of Sept. and that's it! Okay, Lord....we're trusting you!

We are hoping to have a get together...MAYBE Sept. 20. Hope to know this week for sure.

We had a wonderful time with my family, too. The twins are sooo tall and have started 4th grade. I sure wish I could spend more time with them. My family has been great about the move. I know it's really hard for my mom but she is being a real trooper and has said nothing but positive things and how she knows it's making me happy to follow God's desire. It means a lot to have my family's support in all this!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I am soooo excited for you! God is such an awesome provider when we are obedient to His call.
Love you tons!!

Anonymous said...

unreal Lori you are going to minister in a church that was in my section. Union City is a great place. Martin TN is where I went to college at UT Martin. My brother and myself have ministered in worship on the stage at the church before Pastor Tommy came in. Pastor Hicks was the pastor when we were there.