Friday, August 08, 2008

Iowa State Fair

Senator John McCain
The Butter Shawn Johnson

The famous Iowa Butter Cow

Besties!
Toot Toot!!

A four day old calf...so cute!
A couple of prizes!


And one of the most exciting State Fair attractions....The Sham-WOW! Totally bought one! Actually got two for the price of one! Lucky!


Micaela, Jerrilyn and I went to the Iowa State Fair for a few hours today. What a gorgeous day we had!! The Fair wasn't too busy when we arrived so we got around easily. We had to show off all the important ISF attractions to Jerrilyn since she has never been. It was fun, too, because we ran into lots of people we know. Some old church friends, one of my best teacher friends and some kids that used to be in my children's church years ago. Great to see familiar faces.

As we were in line to see the butter cow and the butter Shawn Johnson, there was suddenly several police officers and security people asking if we could hold back the line for a moment. I thought it was strange but before I realized it, the reason came walking two feet in front of me! It was John McCain! He was at the fair today and also had to see the butter cow! My picture is kinda blurry but was taken quickly before he got too far away. Kinda cool to be so close to our next president. I'm speaking in faith!


There were NO calories counted today! I had a corn dog AND some cheese curds and I don't want to hear about how bad they were for me. You can just eat a big bowl of shut the heck up. :) I enjoyed hangin' with the girls and visiting the fair on such a beautiful day. I hadn't been to the fair in a long time so it was a nice treat. Wish the boys could have joined us.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hey! Scott and I were there too. My cousin was here with the kids. Wish we would have bumped into ya!

amain said...

when I saw the Sham-WOW, I had Mark fork out the $$$ for 2 for the price of 1, too!!! If nothing else, it was worth the price to watch the demonstration:)
Glad you had such a great time at the Fair!!

hahainlala said...

Okay, I have to know...Does the Sham-WOW really work?!?!

Lori Eilers said...

The Sham-WOW really works! You have to get one, FCH!!

little mama said...

Man, I missed the Sham guy, darn! But I'll tell you what I ate so you'll feel better..a corn dog, friend pickles and zucchini, AND fried Oreos (they were heavenly). And then when I got home I felt REALLY sick and went straight to bed :) And contrary to popular belief, state fair corn dogs have a lot less calories than any ol regular type of corn dog out there :)

Truders said...

I miss the Iowa State Fair!! Glad you had fun. By the way, John McCain made our paper this morning showing him and his wife looking at the big boar!!