Tuesday, August 12, 2008

God is So Faithful

I left the office yesterday after two long meetings feeling overwhelmed at all I need to accomplish in the next couple of weeks and feeling a little discouraged at the lack of phone calls about a pastor position. I barely had pulled out of the parking lot and my phone rang. It was my friend, Lana, letting me know she had just gotten a reference call from a pastor looking at my resume. Good news. I hadn't been off the phone for more than one minute when my friend Angela called with the same news. Wow, looking good. As we were catching up on news about family, I got home to my house phone ringing. It was my friend Debbie saying that she had just gotten off the phone with the same pastor!

During these conversations, God blessed me abundantly. They shared some of the nice things they had said and encouraged me. They reminded me of ways God had used me in the past and things they remembered about sermons I preached. I just began to weep and thank God that they had called just when I needed it so much. I have the BEST friends! As Debbie and I were gabbing away, the pastor they had spoke to called me. We had a wonderful conversation and he seemed like great guy with a huge heart to win the lost. We talked for quite a while and prayed together. It was kinda cool because I had felt led to e-mail this pastor with some specific things about me and my style of ministry and Debbie and Angela had told him the same things almost word for word.

To top it all off, I got the sweetest card in the mail from another friend, Sandy, that was so thoughtful and uplifting. It even was a musical one that played the song, "How Great is Our God", which is one of my favs! God is so faithful. He knew I needed all that yesterday. Just when I feel like He has totally forgotten about me, He restores my soul and reminds me of His love again. I feel so blessed and thankful.

1 comments:

Truders said...

Kevin talked with him yesterday to Lori. Here's part of their conversation:
What's the first thing you want to tell me about Lori? Kev responded by saying I would like to tell you on thing about you first. If you don't hire Lori Eilers your crazy!
You keep on trusting God and He's going to bless ya!!