Sunday, August 03, 2008

No New News

I've had lots of questions about my job search and I don't really have any new news. I had a great conversation (phone interview) with a pastor in the St. Louis area last week but haven't heard back from him or from anyone else, YET. I keep reminding myself that God is never early or late...He's always on time. Also, I think there are probably a lot of pastors still finishing vacation time so it may take longer to hear from someone.

I really appreciate all who have been praying for us. I spoke with my friend Debbie who said they pray together as a family every night for Randy and me. They know how much I miss pastoring and have always been some of my greatest encouragers. I love you guys!!

I'm super excited to see what God has in store. We are ready to be obedient to whatever He asks.... if He wants us to stay in Iowa or move across the country, we just want to serve a church that believes in children's ministry. I'm excited to pour every bit of my heart into reaching a lost community of kids and to help empower their parents to be the spiritual leaders of their homes. I'm looking forward to doing "lunch with Pastor Lori" at some schools and hitting those fall sports games. I'm ready to check out some dance recitals, school programs and do some Christian school chapel services. And most of all, I'm chomping at the bit to be preaching most Sundays to a congregation of kids that want and need to grow in their relationships with Jesus.

I met with my Junior Bible Quiz successor for the Iowa Metro South JBQ group. I'm so thankful that LeAnne Krell is taking over my responsibilities as she will do an awesome job. I felt like I needed to go ahead and ask for a replacement in case God moves us away. I have loved being a part of JBQ for about 14 years and in leadership for the past six or seven years. It is a ministry that I believe in as I have witnessed how it changes a child's heart to be a lifelong learner of God's Word. I have seen JBQ bring families together to grow in their knowledge of the Bible and become study partners. I will miss quiz but maybe my new church will offer JBQ.

We will keep everyone posted and will prayerfully have some news soon!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori,
Yes. Sometimes this is a l-o-n-g process, and never fun (for either side.) Keep praying, seeking the Lord, and walking through any door/window you may find open. Eventually it will be the right one.