Monday, August 25, 2008

Announcing...

It seems a little inconsiderate to do this on my blog, but we have soooo many friends waiting to hear how our trip to Tennessee went that this is the quickest way I know to pass along this much info. Our trip was amazing from beginning to end!

The traveling was good. My first plane ride was not too scary, I actually enjoyed it. The landing still freaks me a little but I thought I did really well. We got home tonight about 10 PM so this will be short with pics and more details tomorrow.

I was offered the children's pastor position at First Assembly of God in Union City, Tennessee and have accepted! Every part of meeting Pastor Tommy and Deana Hall was incredible and with each passing moment of being with them and there in Tennessee, God was confirming to both of us that we were to go.

The church is made up of the friendliest people who told us over and over again how they had been praying for us and how excited they were to possibly have us be a part of the church. There are about 200 members and a wide variety of ages. We have a full time youth pastor, also. They have a beautiful church building that's eight years old sitting on 30 acres of land for plenty of room for expansion plus a huge activities building across the parking lot that will be an incredible tool to reach the community.

Randy had a job interview for what could be the best job he's ever had. He felt it went very good and is hoping to hear from the company at the end of the week. Please pray he finds a job quickly as that is the biggest factor in when we move. Pastor Tommy would like us there ASAP as to not lose too much school year momentum so we hope to be leaving Iowa within a few weeks.

Like I said...I'll write more tomorrow. Thanks to all who have been faithfully praying for us and we are sad about leaving so many wonderful friends but we must be obedient to what the Lord wants us to do. Tennessee is beautiful, ya'll come visit.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! I knew when I spoke to Pastor Tommy....I knew when I spoke to you...I knew when I spoke to God....You are truly an answer to prayer and they are totally blessed to have you!I am so so excited for you!

Unknown said...

wowza! i am so excited for you guys!!! i wish i could be there to help you pack and hear all about it. we'll be praying for the transition and for Randy to land a great job there. PLEASE let us know when your departure date is. i'd love to come say bon voyage!

what you don't know is that michael's dad's side of the family is from Tennesee. up thar in the hills & hollers. heh heh.

Mrs. W said...

Congrats! What an amazing opportunity!

Unknown said...

Like I told you last night, I'm so excited for you and Randy. We will miss you terribly, but what a blessing you will be to the people you get to Pastor. Call us when you are ready to pack it up, Cale & I can come over while Colby is at school and help out. Congrats again!

Truders said...

Awesome Lori!! We are so happy for you. God had it all planned out in His perfect timing. God is going to use you in a terrific way!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH - I just knew they would love you - you deserve it and they are so lucky to get you :-) I am so happy for you. I will cook supper one night for you two while you are packing. Will you be able to come over and eat and then we can say our goodbyes? Let me know. You both are still in my prayers everyday. Love you both! Kimmer

Chef Stinson Family said...

That is SO great! I can't believe you will be leaving soon, but what a wonderful opportunity for you guys. Whats funny is Drew was looking at a job in Tenn. a little while back. Hmmm, maybe we would have more reason to think about it now!