Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Night Church

Randy, Micaela, Keaton and I all went to church together for the first time in a long time! Micaela leaves for Evangel tomorrow so we decided to go to Berean Assembly where our good friend, Pastor Heath Adamson, was preaching tonight. We LOVE Pastor Heath....he had a huge impact on our kids when they were in his youth group at Berean. He is now a home missionary for Iowa and our Youth Alive ministry. Pastor Heath is a great preacher with a mighty anointing on his life.

Service was amazing! Several people received healing. A lady with a visual tumor was totally healed and another had a tumor reduce in size. There were four or five with severe back pain or problems that were healed. The presence of God was incredible. It's been way too long since I have got to attend a church service let alone one like that. It felt great to soak in from the Lord and be refreshed.

We were blessed to see soooooo many old friends. I must say visiting Berean is good for my self esteem! I always feel like a rock star when the kids see us arrive. We were about knocked down in the parking lot; we hadn't even made it to the door before I heard, "Pastor Lori!!" Of course, all "my kids" were gi-normous compared to the last time I saw them. I was so proud to see the worship team tonight was made up entirely of some of the kids that were in children's church when we left Berean 4 years ago. It's so rewarding to see them ministering and allowing God to use them in such a profound way. I also had those feel old moments when some of the kids announced they were starting their senior year in high school or when I saw some who were now getting married and starting families. It's all good!

Tonight, I also was challenged by God to be spending some extra time in prayer and study this week as we prepare to go to Tennessee. We want to hear God's voice very clear. We are just asking yes or no. Everything else will come together. You just can't beat a good ole Sunday night Pentecostal service!

2 comments:

Truders said...

Isn't that an awesome feeling? So glad you had the chance to go visit. We will be praying for you as you go to Tennessee.

Angela said...

Amen...Amen...Amen!!!!
I was totally blessed last night!!