Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Chapel

Today, I had the great opportunity to do chapel time at Des Moines Christian School. What an awesome school. Everytime I have been in the building, the staff has been so welcoming and friendly. I finally met the principal today. He seems like a pretty cool guy. I had so much fun even though you only get about 15 minutes to do your thing. I preached about being lion chasers. I was inspired by Mark Batterson's book In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day. As soon as I read the first page, I knew there was a kid's sermon in there. Anyway...my friends Amy and Mark and my ever faithful husband helped me make 350+ bookmarks for the kids to keep that had a "lion fur" swatch on one end and the Big Idea for the day, "I am a lion chaser!" written across it. I think the kids enjoyed the message and they sure were well behaved and attentive. I would highly recommend DM Christian if interested in private school. I get to go back in February to do another chapel time! I better hurry up and get my inspiration for the next sermon so I can come up with another tactile way for the kids to remember the message. I cut it close with the bookmarks! Thanks Randy, Amy and Mark.

2 comments:

amain said...

let me know when you will be at DM Christian in February. I want to stay and listen! And we will even help you craft again:)

Anonymous said...

your sermon was awesome I am going to blog about what awnna has learned from it - we have been chasing lions around here the last few days - last night she slept in the dark and faced her fear of her loose tooth. she told me this morning that she had chased down four lions and named what they were.