Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Trip, the Buzz and Stuff

The Eilers' had a great Christmas. It was fun to be together and see our families in Sioux City. Randy's mom wasn't feeling the best, so we didn't get to visit with her as much as we would have liked to but still good to see her. My twin seven year old nephews seemed very happy to see me and I got lots of hugs without even begging for them!

Now that Christmas is over, I've been excitedly thinking about the Buzz. Just four weeks away! It's gonna be awesome. Not only for our families at JCFC but for people who are not yet involved in ministry, people in our community and it's a catalyst for taking our church to the next level of reaching people with Jesus. It's gonna be a lot of work but so worth it. I think it's really going to be more fun than work and an opportunity to use people's talents in a new way for Jesus. It has the potential of changing families and how they grow in God together.

Before the Buzz starts, I'm going to preach the next three weeks on three different topics. This coming Sunday, December 31, I'll be preaching about Simeon and Anna, two elderly prophets that celebrated Jesus' birth. The following Sunday, I will be preaching about new beginnings; being a new creation in Christ - New Person, New Attitude, New Behaviors. And finally on January 14, I'll be preaching a sermon I recently did at DM Christian called "I am a Lion Chaser!"

Don't forget our BGMC Pizza and Ice Cream Party this Thursday night, December 28 from 6-8 PM. If you haven't signed up yet, give me a call so we have enough pizza. All Creek Kids and their families are invited to celebrate our generous missions giving to children all around the world.

0 comments: