Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Growth and Vision

I know I'm kinda weird but I love to send mail to the kids. I remember when I was little if I got a piece of mail, it was like winning some great prize! I sent Valentine's Day cards and what was so cool is that I needed so many of them. I had to make a second trip to Wellspring to get more! When we launched JCFC 1 1/2 years ago, we had 4 or 5 kids in Creek Kids and 2 or 3 in Baby Steps. This year, I sent out 52 Valentine's Day cards! I don't say that for my credit but as a praise God for the growth we have seen in such a short time.

It is exciting to see the vision God gave me 3 years ago happening. When the Lord began to show me where He would have me minister, it was very clear that is would be for a very large group of children. It was overwhelming at first because I sometimes feel inadequate to do such a big, life changing job but God keeps reminding me just to make myself available and He will work through me. I know if I stay humble and teachable before God, He will show me what and how to do the job. It can still be a little overwhelming when I recall that vision but now it is more exciting than scary. God is bringing along others to help me and who are catching the vision and I am so thankful! Next year, I hope I need to send out a couple hundred Valentine's Day cards!

2 comments:

amain said...

and Lisi carries that Valentine card around like the prized possession that it is. we were at Sustala's tonight, and Lisi was SO confused when she saw Jordan's Valentine because she did not remember bringing hers with her. Guess learning to read will solve that problem:) Thanks for always going the extra mile for our kids, and our families!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sending cards to the girls and for sending Mary mail every week she is at her mom's and not at Creek Kids. She always asks "did I get any mail" we have a bundle of 8 V-Day cards for her and the material from Sunday you sent. It will be like Christmas for her when she comes again next weekend! Thanks so much - you are amazing!