Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Phone Call

I received the phone call every parent dreads. Keaton called me a few minutes after 8 AM saying he was in a bad car accident. Praise God it was his voice I heard and not a police officer. Angela S. knows what I mean! He let me know right away that he was fine but couldn't talk because they were taking statements. When he was able to call back about an hour later, I got all the details. He was almost to his exit for work and wasn't even going the speed limit. The roads looked perfectly fine. He noticed traffic slowing up ahead and began to break and he said he could tell right away there was no stopping. He was on the dreaded black ice. With cars all around him he had to stay in his lane and he got slowed down to 25-30 MPH but hit the back end of an older mini van. The van in turn clipped a semi trailer. No one was hurt, the semi had a scratch on the stainless steel but Keaton's car and the van were pretty crunched up. We will find out Thursday if it's totaled. We heard on the news that there were lots of accidents this morning during the commute.

I am so thankful no one was hurt. Keaton feels a little sore but he didn't hit his head or anything. The crazy thing was that his air bag didn't deploy. I know God's hand of protection was on him. Pray he can get things resolved quickly with the insurance and that our rates don't go sky high. He was found at fault but not given a ticket. No getting around the fact that it's gonna cost him some money but hopefully he doesn't take it in the shorts too bad. God will provide.

Thanks to those who have called and checked on him and prayed when I sent out a quick e-mail to a few friends. It's great to have people you can count on to pray. Thanks Lord for watching out for my boy.

0 comments: