Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Stuff, more stuff and that one thing

I had a great time this morning. I had the privilege of doing chapel time at Des Moines Christian School. I love going there, they are so welcoming and appreciative and the kids are so well behaved. I preached on trusting God no matter what. I told the kids that when I prepare to be there, I don't just randomly choose a Bible story but I pray and ask God what He wants me to preach on. I made the comment that I know when I do that and God shows me what to preach on that there will be someone there that needs to hear what God has to say. It was so precious; one of the teachers came to me in tears saying it was she who needed those words today. I thank God for the opportunity to minister there. If I were still raising kids, I sure would love to have them at that school; of course, only if it was the place He wanted them. :)

If you have never met Amy Main's grandma Mary, AKA Grandma GiGi, you are missing out!!!! I got the sweetest note from her yesterday. She's one awesome gal, you just want to squeeze her. Grandma GiGi...you be good and get all the way better so you can come see us at JCFC soon. You would love the Buzz!

Yesterday, Morgan and I had a meeting about Baby Steps. We are planning more room for our ever expanding nursery. We will have once again some new changes in the near future. Pray all the details come together and God will bless us with people who want to serve our babies. One Sunday a month is such a HUGE help to us and I promise the hugs and smiles are well worth the few tears and a little drool! :) Just ask Morgan how thrilling it is to hear a toddler say "Jesus" for the first time.

I love our church and it's people, even Ed, AKA Gordo. Just teasing, Eduardo. I can't believe I call what I do "work" sometimes...it seems more like having fun on a daily basis.

1 comments:

Dara said...

when you do what you love - you never work another day - isn't that the way that goes?
I love ministry and people
too, and have no sad belly aching story to tell. Praisealooya!