Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to "Normal"




I am back after another awesome week of camp. The only bad thing was I brought home a WICKED virus. I'll spare you the gruesome details but let's just say I haven't been this sick in a long time.

The second week of camp had a different feel as far as campers and counselors, but not bad different. Just a new dynamic. It's interesting to see mixes of kids from rural and urban areas - the similarities and differences. GREAT counselors at both camps and super fun people to boot.

Dawson from JCFC went, too, and all the way home he talked about going next year! I take that as he had a good week. :) He made some buddies from one of my best friends' churches who he bunked with. We got to pray together every night at the altar, which was so great to have the opportunity to focus on one of my kids.

Keaton came back for the second week to be the camp's co-sports director. The pics are him helping the camp speaker tell the story of David and Goliath. Guess which part he played? Ha Ha! He was a "big" hit as always. Gee, I wish he would come out of his shell.
One of the best things that came from camp was a new friendship. Our speaker, Pastor Jason Noble, was so fun to get to know. He is the from the National Children's Ministry Agency and the director of Kid's Quest and Character Connex. What a great guy! He and I really hit it off and had some great brain-storming sessions about kid's ministry. He has a beautiful family in Springfield, MO, a wife Paula and four kids including twin four year old girls. He was a blessing to me and a great encouragement.

Both Thursday evening services, Pastor Jason had the kids share testimonies of what God had done for them at camp. Many came forward to say they were healed of sicknesses or felt God speak to them about following a call into ministry. It was incredible.

We had a live band for worship that rocked the house! They are from the Jefferson AG with Pastor Jeremiah. The band was Pastor Jeremiah on drums, a teenager on lead guitar and three kid vocalists that all could sing lead, another kid guitar player, and a 10 year old bass player that made you drop your jaw he was sooo good. Jason Huffey would have been proud! So cool to see kids using their talents for the Kingdom! I would LOVE to have live worship in Creek Kids some day.

I have a ton of e-mail and blogs to catch up on! It was great to see all my kids yesterday and hope to see the rest at Alpha this Wednesday. Thanks to those who have been praying for me and camp!

3 comments:

Truders said...

Oh how I miss camp!!

Lori Eilers said...

Believe me Trudy...we miss you and Pastor Kevin at Iowa camp, too! You guys always made it a memorable week! Remember the year we took 62 kids from Berean? Yowza...that was a boat load and sooo much fun. Those kids are in high school now. Unbelievable.

Todd McKeever said...

Camp is always good.

Jason Noble is a great guy. I get the priveledge of being my Districts Coordinator for Character Connex, Kids Quest, and Kidz Max live and so I get to work with Jason a few times. My wife and I have always enjoyed having him come to visit us.

Glad you had a great time.