Friday, July 27, 2007

Blessed My Socks Off!

I'm on my way out the door to speak at a retreat but had to share a wonderful blessing that came my way this morning! I stopped at Starbucks for my fav beverage and I felt someone staring at me. I turned around to find an adorable little girl with big brown eyes and a huge smile on her face. She looked to be barely three and as if she knew me. I greeted her with a "hi there sweetie," which got me an even bigger smile. My mind was racing to recognize this cutie-patootie and looked for an adult type person that may belong to her. Here comes this woman that looked familiar and she said, "Hi, you're Pastor Lori, right?" I said yes and she continued by prompting her daughter with a "say it...tell her." The sweetest little voice said, "I am a person of character." Her mom continued to tell me that everyday since Super Saturday her daughter carries her "Hermie" umbrella that she won and says our Big Idea for the day..."I am a person of character." That little girl remembered that from the beginning of July and also recognized me as the source for her lesson. Wow, it totally made my WEEK! As a children's pastor, you sometimes need those little reminders that what you do does in fact "take" and God's Word never returns void. Thanks Lord for the blessing!

5 comments:

amain said...

that just brings tears to my eyes. See you ARE the best children's pastor...EVER!!!

Dara said...

awwwww that was so sweet!

Angela said...

Have you seen a buffalo?

Lori Eilers said...

Angela...just remember...what goes around, comes around!!! HeeHee, good one!

Chef Stinson Family said...

Tears! I have tears in my eyes. THat is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!!

BTW - Mary is my "assistant" here at work for a couple of hours today and she wants me to tell you hello and that she loves you!!!!