Sunday, July 01, 2007

Busy Weekend




We had a fun, busy weekend. Saturday morning, we went to our buddy Jaron's baseball game. Wow, he got a couple of great hits! Sister Kaitlynn and brother Landon got it on the fun, too.

We then met Keaton and his friend Michelle at Jordan Creek Mall to catch a movie. We went and saw Evan Almighty and really liked it. Kinda cheesy, but pretty family friendly and a great story line. Keaton and Michelle came over for a quick dinner that ended up being a gab fest until 11 PM!! Good times with my kids! I'm so blessed that our kids don't mind hanging out with old mom and dad!

Today at church was different for Randy and me. We had the day off! It was good to sit in "big church" but felt kinda weird. Pastor Josh preached a great message from his "Deeper is Doing" series from James Chapter 3, Taming the Tongue. I caught myself looking at my watch a couple of times thinking..."the kids are probably having their message right now", "the kids are having worship now"! I know...I'm odd. :) It's good for us to take a day off and it's good for the kids to listen to someone else, too.

After church, we had a great Chinese lunch and got this cute pic of Colin. Love that little bugger! No pun intended. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming, Pastor Lori. Jaron loved having you there and he was beaming ear to ear seeing his picture on your blog :)