Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cookbook


I was watching Oprah the other day and she had a new author on with a cookbook that was very intriguing. Jessica Seinfeld (yes, Jerry's wife) had trouble getting her kids to eat their veggies and so she found a way to add them deceptively. Boy, if I had kids at home, I'd be buying this book! She uses veggie purees to add nutrition to traditional "kid friendly" foods such as mac and cheese, chicken nuggets and cookies! If you have a veggie hater in your house, you need to check this out. She worked with a nutritionist that helped not only get the veggies in, but combined foods to reduce fat and neutralize sugars. Wow...pretty cool.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i JUST saw her on the Today show this morning! she also said that even though she 'hides' veggies in her kids' food that she still serves 'normal' veggies (as adults would eat them) at the table so that they know that veggies are important and that they'll be expected to eat them as they grow up. i liked that.

when i saw the recipes (like pumpkin pancakes and avocado chocolate pudding), i actually thought WOW, i could use these recipes for the whole family to eat more healthfully and with less refined grains, less calories, less sugar/sodium. i am so going to buy this cookbook.

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see what Jena thinks of the book. I was talking about it with Shawn last night, I am going to look for it too. Sounds like so much fun, and everything sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Definately going to bee looking for this one!

amain said...

I took a hiatus from my "I'm not going to buy it", and I bought this book. I am so inspired!! But please do not share the secret with my kids, OR my cutie husband:) Better eating...here we come!

Jena said...

i tried to get the book but the stores are SOLD OUT! BUT on oprah's website there are free recipes!! i tried the chicken nuggets and they were great! Eli had NO idea ;) I will try the brownies tonite!!!