Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Creek Kids

I have to share a Creek Kids story. Sunday, we were starting service and I was reminding the kids that we are focusing on the virtue of respect for the month of October. My kids are so well behaved for me in Creek Kids but I know my little tribe well and know that some struggle with being angels 24/7. Hard to believe, I know. Anyway...I reminded them that respect means responding with words and actions that show others they are important. I stopped and gave an example. We may respond with the respectful words that are expected but as we speak them, we may have actions that cancel out the words. Such as saying "Okay, mom." or "Yes, sir." and as we say it we roll our eyes or give a big sigh. I was looking at the kids as I said this and my eye caught two sitting together who immediately looked at each other with the "How does she know that?" expression written all over their faces! It took everything in me not to bust out laughing. They KNOW they are doing something that isn't respectful and may think they are getting away with it at the time but maybe now they will remember my little example. The phrase "Do what I say, right away, and with a smile." is a great way to help them remember, too. Love those kids...they make me laugh.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I soooo enjoyed that story. It will be fun to share at his wedding someday....