Monday, October 15, 2007

Spoiled Pastor


I am one spoiled pastor! Our wonderful church families honored Randy and me with some incredible gifts for Pastor Appreciation Day! What a wonderful surprise we had! I am feelin' the love, for sure! Randy got the coolest book bag for his "back to college" adventure. True story - He got this bag out of the closet the other day and I told him it was looking rather sad and he should go buy a new one. Ever the frugal guy, he insisted it was okay. Now it can be filed, retired or whatever you want to call it!! Yeah!

We also received a gift card for dinner at Cosi Cucina, which is so cool because we have never been and always wanted to try it! I always heard it was great from my pal Trudy. Next - who loves me?- Starbucks gift card! I'm not sharing it...well maybe once. HeeHee.

And the last thing, which I have to tell you made me tear up and know for sure how God is in the so called "small stuff." I received a BEAUTIFUL watch from Brighton as pictured. Several months ago I was in the store and drooling over all their stuff and fell in love with this watch. It was a little more $$ than I feel justified on spending on myself so I put it back and told Randy maybe for Christmas. Then more than a month ago, I was having a conversation with my friend Michon about jewelry (we are both addicted) and I mentioned this watch at Brighton. I think I was fussing about the $6 clearance watch I bought at Target one day when my other one died. Anyway....Michon mentions our conversation to my pal Amy and off to the Brighton store she goes. Amy finds two watches that she thinks I'll like and happens to think that MAYBE I filled out a Brighton wish list. The clerk checks and low and behold, one of the watches was on my wish list! I NEVER fill out those store wish lists but the day I was there the clerk pushed me into it. See how God loves to give us just the exact thing we desire? I thought that was so cool...not only was it a generous, lovely gift but the exact one I wanted! Thanks Lord and my precious JCFC kids and families! I feel so blessed to serve at JCFC! Ask me what time it is!

1 comments:

amain said...

Like was said in "big church" yesterday, no gift or dollar amount could ever really say how much our congregation appreciates our pastors, but nothin' like givin' it a try!!!
BTW, what time is it???