Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Exciting Stuff for Fall

I had a very productive day with fall plans! I'm very excited about our Family Fall Festival. On Saturday, October 20, we will have a great time together at Westridge Elementary School from 6-8 PM. It's a Wild West theme night with carnival style games, tons of candy, food and even a costume judging! We will have awesome prizes for the best Wild West costumes in the age categories of birth-2 yrs. old, 3-5 yrs. old, 6-8 yrs. old, 9-11 yrs. old, 12-18 yrs. old and even 19-100! Now rumor has it that Pastor Josh will even be dressed up so don't be a party pooper you "adult" people! I was teasing the kids during service and said someone could even come as a tumbleweed...I don't think they got my joke. But hey...it would score points in creativity!! One other exciting thing about the Family Fall Festival is that I won't have to ask moms and dads to help me set up, tear down and run the games! We have an incredible ministry team from Evangel University coming to be my slaves, er..helpers, for the weekend! Yes, that is our daughter Micaela's team, Oath, that she is the assistant leader of. Isn't that great?! This is a wonderful opportunity to invite friends and neighbors has it is a FREE community event.

Next, we are having our Family Gingerbread House Building night on Friday, November 31, 6:30-9 PM at Westridge Elementary also. Each family who reserves a spot will be provided everything they need to build and take home their own gingerbread house. What a great way to start a new family tradition. To make the night even more fun, we'll start of f with a pot-luck dinner! Come on, we have the BEST cooks at JCFC! I'm already for some of Dara's fried green beans and Amy's chicken and rice, and Randy will go for any of Mandy's desserts, and oh how about some of Angela's potatoes. http://jcfcgoodeats.blogspot.com/ Sorry, I'm getting all off track here! The church web site is ready for you to sign up on and get your spot reserved. The cost of this evening will be announced soon.

I also purchased our Christmas Musical for this year! Last year will be hard to beat but it is exciting to think of all the new kids we have to include this year. The musical is called "Sing a Song of Christmas." I'll be setting practice times and location soon. I know what you're thinking...it's the first week of September! But we need to get on it soon to be ready by December 16. Save the date and tell all your family and friends to mark their calendars. Last year we had an amazing turn out! I love it when a plan comes together.

1 comments:

amain said...

Count The MAIN Family IN for all of the above...and be looking for Isabella to be dressed AS a horse at the Wild West party (hee,hee,hee)
It's gonna be FUN!!!