Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sunday Reflections

Oops, I borrowed Pastor Josh's title. Oh well, just am happy to report we had a great transition day at JCFC. Launching our second nursery made me a little nervous but all on all it went awesome. We have one minor detail we have to change with the new paging system but I think we have that solved. It will be so nice for our babies with all the extra room. It also enabled us to let the smaller Creek Kids sit in the front row of the new theater! Our stage used to take up all the floor space but now we have gained a few feet. They thought it was way cool to sit right in front, a privilege reserved for the 3-5 year olds! There has to be some perks to being the half-pints! :)

Our church's attendance was amazing with it being a holiday weekend! Pastor Josh and I were both pleasantly surprised. It was great to see so many taking advantage of the new coffee shop. It was kinda funny... everyone was enjoying the coffee time so much, they almost forgot to check in their kids. :) Glad you all enjoyed it so much!!

In the letter I sent to Baby Steps people, I forgot to mention a very important addition to our infant nursery. We now have a nursing mother's area that has some privacy with a screen and rocking chair. We hope this helps all our new moms to know there is a clean place designed for them whenever, if ever, they need it. I'll be getting some pics of our babies to insert into the screen's picture frames, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been there!! I have been watching for an update on how it went. Good to hear everything pretty much went well and I am looking forward to Sunday!

amain said...

I just have to comment that when I walked into the 'coffee/cafe' area and saw little tables and chairs JUST for the kids, it totally warmed my heart:)