Thursday, September 27, 2007

Facebook Blessings

You know...I signed up for Facebook because Micaela's college friends asked me to but it has opened up some cool re-connections. Several of my "old kids" from Berean have re-connected with me through Facebook and it has been so fun catching up with them! Most of them are either in high school or college now and it's so interesting seeing how they are serving God and what paths they are going down in their lives. It's such a blessing to think that just maybe I had a teeny-tiny bit of influence on how they are Christ followers.

I got a message on Facebook today that blessed me so much. One of my kids, now in college, messaged me (not on my wall) and said he was thinking about all the great times we had together in kid's church and how fast time goes. He was one of those kids that could be challenging but we had a very good relationship and I think he knew how I truly cared about him. I just thought it was so sweet to take a minute to say hi and let me know he was thinking about me! Blessed me so much!

It also helped me remember to touch base with people even if we don't have an opportunity to get together. Who has been on you mind lately? Maybe it's the Holy Spirit prompting you to pick up the phone or send an e-mail. You may make someones day like mine was made!! Oh yeah...and JCFC has a Facebook account, too. Check it out!

2 comments:

Truders said...

We have been re connected with a lot of the kids too through facebook Lori. It's been wonderful to hear how they are doing.

becky said...

i am so terrible about keeping in touch with people that i don't see on a regular basis. it's crazy when you think of all of the awesome people you used to know...i wonder where they are now