Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mark Batterson

Wow, two days of being blessed to hear Mark Batterson speak...doesn't get much better than that! After reading his blog for the last couple years, I feel like I kinda know him. I had this idea of his personality and presence and I am so glad to say I was right. He is humble, kind and SMART. I loved how when asked a question he stopped for a moment and really thought about what he said and made sure he was actually answering the question. Most of us have been around people who simply like the sound of their own voices and don't really have anything significant to say. But Pastor Mark not only had timely information and wisdom to share, he presented himself as a humble servant who just wanted to be a blessing to some Iowa pastors. I love being around people who love what they do and Pastor Mark obviously loves being a pastor. Hope I someday get the opportunity to visit National Community Church...and Ebenezer's too.

1 comments:

amain said...

OK, how funny is THIS...Mark and I were able to be in DC a couple of years ago and meet Mark Batterson. But this is the funny part...we had no idea he was MARK BATTERSON. We just thought he was another pastor with a church in a movie theater. With that different perspective, our quick meeting/exchange was just funny. But we absolutely loved the opportunity to be there and meet him. Next time...Ebeneezer's!