Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bathroom Epiphanies

What is it with me, Jesus and the bathroom? I get more answers to prayer, ideas and hearing the voice of God while in the bathroom than seems "normal." I mean, come on, I spend time in prayer every morning at the church and don't get me wrong...I hear from the Lord while I'm praying at church but what is the deal? God spoke my ministry call scripture to me while in the bathroom. (1 Peter 4:10) He told me when it was time to move to Tennessee while drying my hair. (Don't wait for Randy's job, just GO) He has given me countless sermons while taking a shower. And today he gave me the idea, title and whole outline of a workshop I've been asked to lead at a Tennessee district training for children's ministry peeps. I think I'm just gonna sit in the bathroom for a couple of hours everyday and listen! Whatever works, right?! Where does God inspire you?

0 comments: