Monday, January 05, 2009

A Few Thoughts and Happy Birthday

Happy New Year all. And Happy Birthday to my hunky husband! Randy turns 54 tomorrow, January 6. I thank God for my husband! He is an amazing person who gives me unconditional love and support. Without his encouragement and willingness to obey God, we may not be in the place we are now. I do not know many men who would leave their job, home state, adult children, friends and family to move to a far away state so their wife could be a pastor. Thank you, baby! I pray you have a wonderful birthday....even though you have to work and we are apart from the kids.

We had an incredible first night of prayer at the church tonight. We have set aside this week to come together each evening for some corporate prayer with whomever can come. The presence of God was in that place! I have been so blessed to be a part of some awesome churches but never one that prays like Union City First Assembly of God. I don't say that as a brag but as a praise to the Lord for bringing leadership to that place and instilling the passion of prayer in so many.

Our great niece, Lilee, is very sick and is in the hospital for some testing. Please pray for her! She is only 4 yrs. old and had a seizure that so far is unexplained. Our nephew and his wife need the Lord's peace in all this.

A friend of mine from high school passed away this morning. Jim was only 48 years old and had battled colon cancer for 6 1/2 years. The cancer had spread to his liver and eventually his brain and he fought a very brave a faith-filled fight. Jim was the pastor at a Nazarene church in Oregon but was born and raised in Sioux City, Iowa. Jim won many people to the Lord through his treatments and testimony of God's grace and goodness. Pray for his wife, Becky, and three daughters. I'm sure he has already heard the words, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

2009 is gonna be a great year! Thank you Jesus for one more day, month, year to serve you. Use me, God, however you see fit and stretch me in ways I didn't think I could be. Renew a right spirit in me and let me hear your voice in the quiet and even in the noise of the day. Stir me in my sleep that even while I slumber I whisper your name and have praise on my lips. Guide my every step and make my words useful, worthy of speaking and encouraging to all but especially pleasing to you. Help me to duplicate myself and pour into others as I have been blessed to be poured into by so many. Help me to love boys and girls into your Kingdom. I cannot do anything without you, Lord. Speak through me this new year and give me your creativeness to convey your message. Thank you Lord for 2009!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Mister Randy!!! you know we miss your hugs! and your minivan. :)

hope you're feeling better, PL.

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Randy! I hope your day was special, even if you had to spend it at work! Love and miss you guys!!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Praise Him, as we enter this new year, filled with promise.


Blessings,
Linda

HEART OF A READY WRITER – Reading Through the Bible in 2009