Monday, January 12, 2009

Sooooo Thankful!

I'm sure some people get tired of hearing me say it, but I will not stop, nor will I apologize! I LOVE MY JOB! Monday meetings get me fired up. Sure, we have business to take care of, but it's so great to come together and celebrate victories, brain storm ideas and problems, and encourage each other. I never get tired of hearing the vision God has set before us. It's hard to explain but the vision for our city is starting to be a part of my DNA. Soooo exciting!

I told Pastor Tommy and Pastor Justin today that I don't fully understand why God has chosen to bless me in so many ways but I'm ever so thankful that He led me here and is allowing me to do full time ministry. I do not take that lightly....I know what it's like to wait many years to have this opportunity. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He wants me HERE and He is helping me lead children to Jesus but I also know there are many others who have more "talents" than I and yet God still chose me. I get teary-eyed every time I think about it. Pastor said that the Lord is blessing me now for many years of faithfulness and He has been grooming me for such a time as this and for Union City First Assembly of God.

I'm also excited that I will be starting classes soon to advance to the licensing level of my credentials. I only have five classes left to be licensed plus the mandatory internship that Pastor Tommy will help me with. I could start the ordination level of classes this fall! Can I get a woot woot?! It's not necessarily about being "ordained", although it does give me a voice in a broader sense, but that I feel it shows the level of commitment to what God has called me to do. I'm going all the way for Jesus.

Lord, I am so full of thankfulness and gratitude. I will continue to praise you for calling me and using me in Union City. I want to constantly hear Your voice, do Your will, and win hundreds of boys and girls to You! I humbly ask you to fill me with Your creative thoughts and order my steps. Thank You for the favor You have granted me in this city and for expanding my territory. I praise you for surrounding me with fellow servants who lift me up in prayer and encourage me. May all I say and do bring glory to You!

1 comments:

Truders said...

I agree with your pastor. The Lord was preparing you all these years to bring you to Union City. Blessings to you!!