Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kid's Inc. or.....

I haven't written about Kid's Inc. for awhile and I'm excited about where God is leading us on Sunday mornings. Our Sunday 5 PM discipleship classes are heading in the right direction and the team is really getting behind pastor's vision for making life-long disciples.

We are discovering all of the Superheroes of the Bible in Kid's Inc. We started with Noah a few weeks ago and are working our way through the Old Testament. The Lord has been speaking to me about making sure the kids know the "Bible basics" and He showed me how to accomplish that using the superheroes. Tomorrow, I'm preaching part II of Abraham. Then onto Joseph which will take a few weeks. I haven't preached about Joseph for a long time so I'm really pumped about that! There is so much that we can take from Joseph's journey. My series is called Joseph - The Dreams and the Difficulties.

Our Sunday PM discipleship classes are growing! Our vans are full and we have families that have never come to discipleship classes now faithfully coming. Another awesome addition was a young couples class that pastor felt led to start. It's a big hit! I had a discipleship teachers and helpers dinner meeting at our house Monday night and it went very well. I am so blessed to have such a great team of people who love children and do a great job of pouring into their lives.

I've been praying about changing the name of our children's church from Kid's Inc. to something else. Not that I don't like the name but have just felt it needed a new start in many ways and the name can be a good place to begin. The gals that had been leading the Sunday morning services did such a great job with the kids and are still my right hand peeps on Sunday mornings but the name wasn't even theirs. So....as soon as my talented daughter finishes our new logo, I'll reveal the new name! It's not that re-branding the department is going to make the move of the Holy Spirit any more real, but sometimes a fresh start can be the catalyst to new thinking and reviving our spiritual walk.

Last week, four kids accepted Jesus into their lives. It never gets old. The thrill of watching their faces as they "get it"...understanding what Jesus did for all mankind. The emotion of leading that sinners prayer. The serious responsibility of taking them aside and making sure they understand what just happened and personally encouraging them to grow in the Lord through prayer, Bible reading, faithfully attending church and hanging out with like-minded believers in and out of church. I take that part of the service VERY seriously. I will stand before God one day and make an account for each of the lives the Lord has allowed me to be a part of. That thought alone keeps me on my knees.

0 comments: