Thursday, January 15, 2009

People of Prayer

I was going to write a post about the awesome message we had at church last night but I don't need to. Just link here to Pastor Tommy's blog and read his outline for yourself! I told him I have heard a hundred sermons on prayer but it was the best I'd ever heard.

I have to say, not as a boast, but as an encouragement, it is incredible how much closer to the Lord I feel since I have gone deeper in my prayer life. Pastor Tommy hit a sore spot with many when he said that we all have used the "I'm too busy to pray an hour a day" excuse. I promise you that if you commit some time (15 minutes, half an hour, an hour...) every day to prayer, God will bless the rest of your day and you won't even miss the time you gave to prayer! I always have a more productive day when I start out praying for a while. Do I pray for an hour every day? Not always but some days it's more than an hour and maybe not all at once.

Enjoy Pastor Tommy's post! Let God speak to you about how you can go deeper in your prayer life. I KNOW you'll have a testimony of something great that comes of a prayer commitment!

0 comments: