Thursday, January 29, 2009

Releasing Kids to Minister

The Lord has been speaking to me during my prayer time about involving and training kids in ministry areas. It's always cool how God will impress something upon your heart and then in turn confirm it through another person or maybe something we read. I am always reevaluating what we do in the kids' Sunday morning worship experience and it was during my prayer and reflection that God spoke about making our worship time different. Then today I received a newsletter from GPH with ministry ideas and they had a great article about that same issue..letting kids be the church! Awesome confirmation to what I felt God showing me needed to be done.

We try to involve the kids in parts of service but I need to give the kids additional opportunities to let God use them. I've already contacted one parent about their child being a "backup" singer during worship. I will be super careful about who I ask to do up front ministry. I tell the kids all the time that the scripture says in Luke 12:48, "to whom much is given, from him much will be required" NKJV The child I asked already loves to worship and has a musical gift so it will be just a matter of discipling her in ministering through her gift. I believe that she, in turn, will be a great example of freedom in worship and involve kids that maybe won't respond to my modeling worship.

If I want to turn over well discipled kids to our youth pastor, then I need to be making sure they know why and HOW we serve within our church, in our community, and in their circle of influence.

0 comments: