Saturday, March 08, 2008

All Time Low

It seems our culture has hit an all time low in it's idea of entertainment. So I see a commercial for a TV program that I think must be pretty new. The title is "The Moment of Truth." Now let me clarify, I have NOT watched this show, just saw a couple commercials for it. I can promise you, I will not be watching it....ever. The premise, from what I gather, is that people come on and are asked point blank questions in front of their loved ones and the television world. I think they may be hooked up to a lie detector, don't know for sure. They must win a lot of money for doing it because I can think of no good reason to subject yourself to this than the love of money. Oh by the way, I recall a little book, called the Bible, saying that the love of money is the root of all evil, I Timothy 6:10.

Anywho, they are asked such questions as, "Have you ever had sex with your best friend's spouse?" "Would you leave your husband if you could reunite with your previous boyfriend?" Come on, who does this? How can you subject your family and friends to this line of questioning? If you have some horrible secret how can you go on a TV show and blurt it out and devastate your loved ones that way? People have been doing these types of things on talk shows for years but it appears to be getting more and more disgusting.


I guess it only shows how some people are drawing farther away from God. It breaks my heart to see these people who need Jesus so bad and their eyes have been blinded and hearts hardened toward the things of God. Anyone care to comment?

1 comments:

becky said...

I was listening to Glen Beck the other day and he was talking about how terrible this show is. He was "interviewing" Satan and even Satan thought it was too evil! Doesn't get much worse that that! ;)