Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy ER Easter

I had an unusual Easter. I sent the first few hours of the day in the ER. I started having this terrible pain in my calf yesterday and after having it for about 12 hours and it getting increasingly more painful, at 6 AM I called the on-call doc from my surgeon's office. His advise...go directly to the ER. Do you know how hard it was to call my "boss" and tell him I wouldn't be there on Easter morning? Hated that phone call! Of course, BBopp was so understanding and glad I was going to get it checked out.

We had to wait for an ultrasound person to be called in to check it out. Thank God there is no clot but I still have this crazy tearing pin in my calf that I cannot get rid of! I'm calling the surgeon again tomorrow and see if there is anything else I can do to help it. The ER doctor told me to stay of off it, elevate, use some heat and watch it. Eeeek, more laying around! I'm so thankful there is no clot.

We were still able to pull off a great Easter dinner with some team work. Thankfully I had prepared most of it yesterday. It was so fun to have the kids here, as always. Hope you all had a great day remembering what Christ did for each of us. Thank you Lord for paying the price for all the stupid things I've done. Thanks for loving me as I am.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh man, I'm glad there's no clot, too, but what a BUMMER! I hate that its just one more thing to deal with! Hope you're better soon!

Truders said...

Sorry to hear that Lori!! Praying you'll soon be back on your feet.

Anonymous said...

Praying you will be better soon as well. :( Definately will have to do lunch when we are both healthier :)