Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Micaela

Thursday was my beautiful daughter Micaela's birthday. It's so hard to believe she is 24 years old already. I've been thinking about what all to say about Micaela and it's gonna be hard to keep this from getting too long!


First of all, I'm so thankful that my girl loves and serves Jesus! She is a passionate person by nature and it is true in her walk with the Lord. She is faithful in her relationship with Christ and I continually see growth in her journey.

Mic is my artsy-fartsy girl. I think she got her talent from Randy's side of the family, definitely not from me. She has a natural eye for creativity and uses it when she can to help others from designing t-shirts to creating logos. She's in school to be a graphic designer.

Micaela has a heart for missions. She has been on five trips out of the country and many places within the states to share the Gospel. Her ministry team at Evangel University, Oath, spends their school breaks traveling and ministering to various churches through music, drama, preaching, and service projects. Micaela's specialty is drama. In high school, she was the best "demon" in all their church dramas and always helped train the younger kids to minister.

Mic loves board games, amusement park rides, Target, Starbucks (I trained her well), shoes, "The Office" TV show and hanging out with friends. She loves to laugh and has a great laugh to share. She is a loyal friend and is very close to her brother. She has musical talent, too and is learning to play the bass guitar. These are only a few things that I love about my girl!

Mic...you make me proud and I thank God He chose me to be your mom! Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

Angela said...

You have so much to be proud of - she is one NEAT lady! And you did a GREAT job raising her!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICAELA!!

Micaela said...

Thanks mommy!! You are the best mom anyone could ask for!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Micaela. I think your both very lucky to have each other. Two great women!

Truders said...

Lori, your such a great mom and Micaela is so lucky to have you as her mom. What a wonderful thing to see your baby grow up to love the Lord and serve Him. YOU DA GIRL!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAELA!

amain said...

Happy Birthday, Micaela!!!
spitty kisses,
The Main Gang