Monday, March 31, 2008

Wedding for my "Brother"


Randy and I went to a wedding Saturday night. Not just any wedding...it was "my brother!" Well, not my real brother but a super good friend of mine that I used to work with at the school. Brandon and I have been pals for about six or seven years. Brandon is the youngest of four boys so I always teased him that I was the sister he never had. It's a weird dynamic of a friendship; I was married, he was single, I'm a believer, he is a seeker with tons of doubts, he's 14 years younger than me but we really hit it off and always had the best, funnest conversations. All of us thought he would NEVER get married but he fell in love with an awesome gal and while on a trip to Alaska last summer, he proposed out on a beautiful lake. Brandon and Shelly are attending the Ankeny site of Lutheran Church of Hope and I am praying he comes to know Jesus soon! It was a beautiful wedding with TONS of people. There had to be at least 400 there. They asked me to say the dinner blessing at the reception, which I was honored to do. The picture of the wagon and Belgians was the bridal party's transportation from the church to the reception. Pretty cool. Literally...it was chilly that evening. :) Congrats to my brother!

0 comments: