Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Oops

Well, I know you all will be shocked but I think I over did it. I had our State Junior Bible Quiz meet on Saturday and was planning on only being there just long enough for our coordinators meeting, which I thought would be done by noon. Our agenda was way bigger than I expected and so I was there from 8:15 to 3:00! Then, yesterday I had our Monday morning team meeting as usual and then the church arranged for me to be in a three day training to learn our church attendance/membership program called Shelby. I was supposed to be there from 9 to 4:30 again today but had to cancel. I was in a lot of pain but mainly was so swollen that the only pants I could get over my knee were sweat pants and barely those! So, I decided to set aside all feelings of guilt and duty and stay home and rest. I was planning on being back at church this Sunday but am rethinking that, too. I need to be smarter about my recovery than I have been in the past. So...think skinny thoughts for me knee! :)

2 comments:

amain said...

kudos to you for knowing when to say when, and staying home to rest when you need to. You have been walking WAY too well to risk a set-back!!!

Jena said...

REST REST REST! Seriously! I know it is hard to do because you may "feel" like you can do it, but just after you do it (whatever that may be) you know that you went too far...and then it's too late! So don't do it! Get better PL!!!