Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lots of Stuff


I love to be busy and active and the last week has been a little extra crazy. Sunday was awesome at JCFC. We had 49 in the kids department and 16 of those were babies!!! EEEK, the Baby Steps volunteers were in over-drive! People are beginning to understand why I keep saying we need an additional nursery!

In Creek Kids and The Buzz we are focusing on ENDURANCE for the month of May and Sunday we had the story of Ruth. She knew what endurance was all about! I love the book of Ruth and her undieing dedication to her mother-in-law, Naomi. Our Big Idea was - Don't give up. God will help you start over. I think we all need to be reminded of that. We all have "do-over" days. Our scripture is "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 NIV

This Friday and Saturday, I will be a part of the annual Assembly of God Women's Ministry Conference in Des Moines. I have the honor of leading a workshop on parenting. Speaking to adults is out of my comfort zone but I know God will help me through the butterflies. I just pray that it will be an encouragement to at least one mom who needs some wisdom from God in raising her kids. Pray for me!

Last night, we had our Baby Steps meeting at our place. I made dinner for my AWESOME team and we enjoyed some great fellowship and had a time of planning. We are dedicated to serving our babies and their families and spent some time discussing how we can improve and get to the next level in ministering to them. We have plans mapped out to double our nursery size and are awaiting the go-ahead from the theater and Pastor Josh. Pray we have favor in getting this done quickly. It's very exciting to see how God is blessing our children's department with growth, resources and additional volunteers. I showed them the love with some of my homemade chocolate cake. I may have one piece left for my favorite pastor! The pics are of the team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could identify with your remark about being out of your comfort zone in speaking to adults. I feel right at home with the kids, but those dang grownups have to go and make me so nervous.

I think I've come a long way and I've grown in confidence. My wife helped me in this. The very first time I was invited to speak to the adults, I was up at the church at midnight the night before doing a run through. I remember preaching the entire sermon and my wife saying, "Kenny, who were you up there... that's not you at all." That combined with many words of encouragement from volunteers who were ministered by my message to the kids finally convinced me that I could speak to the adults just like I do to the kids (just change some of the illustrations... but if you don't, they'll get a kick out of how they can be more respectful on the playground). So, don't forget to be Pastor Lori and be sure to have fun in the process.

Lori Eilers said...

Thanks my blog buddy!