Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ruth Harbor

There is a wonderful ministry in Des Moines that I only learned about a couple of years ago through my friend Amy. Ruth Harbor is a home run by loving "house parents" where a pregnant young lady can go to live and make the decision to raise her child or opt for adoption. It's also a place where she can grow in her relationship with Christ. Some of the JCFC ladies have taken this ministry to heart and we got together last night to make up some welcome gift bags for the new ladies entering the house. We all pitched in and bought all the things we girls love from cosmetics and shower gels to stationary and chocolate. We gave them books and pedicure sets and lots more goodies. We had a great time of fellowship and yummy pizza and prayed these small gestures of love will touch these young women. Can you even begin to think of being 15 or 16 years old and living in a strange place away from your family AND preparing to give birth? I have added the Ruth Harbor web site to my list so you can check it out and pray about becoming involved. They are having a fund raising event "Walk for Life" that I wish I could have participated in but I don't think it's too late if you want to sign up or make a pledge! Thanks to Amy for hosting last night.

1 comments:

amain said...

Of course it is not too late to sign up or make a pledge!!! We have formed Team Jordan Creek, and sponsoring our team would be SO appreciated! If interested, contact me at amymain@mac.com