Sunday, March 25, 2007

Growing in Jesus

Our virtue for the month of March in The Buzz was honesty. I think honesty is one of the hardest things for kids because when they know they have made a mistake, they go into survival mode. They fear the thought of what is going to happen when their parents find out. Last week, our Big Idea in Creek Kids was, "A lie cannot stay covered up forever." I encouraged the kids to go to their parents and confess if they were dishonest and it appeared they had gotten away with it. I had two moms tell me that their children came to them and admitted they had done wrong and kept it a secret. I was so proud of them! It takes great courage to say that we are wrong, that we have sinned. Honesty ~ Watching what you say and do so others will trust you!

Next week in The Buzz, we start learning about friendship. Kids have so many decisions to make about friendships and we will help guide them in choosing friends wisely.

Today in Creek Kids, we had three kids raise their hands to receive Jesus as their Savior. I cannot tell you how thrilling it is for me to pray the sinner's prayer with your children. It's a beautiful thing to see their faces as they begin to realize just how much Jesus loves them and that He took their punishment when He died on the cross.

3 comments:

RC said...

what a great lesson...if they learn this lesson now, just think of how powerful that could be.

Angela said...

Pastor Lori, Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it today.
Angela A.

jonathan said...

Great Lessons!