Friday, March 16, 2007

Passion for What We Do

I love passionate people. When you talk to someone who loves their job, hobby or even a book they are reading, their passion is contagious. I think about we who are Christ followers. Are we passionate in our testimony of how Jesus changed our lives? Am I showing how much Jesus means to me in as many ways as I can? I read these immortal words of John Wesley, “When you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn.” I want to be so passionate about what I do as a believer, that people can't help but say, "I want that, I want what Jesus can do for me."

In whatever area God leads you to serve in at JCFC or as you lead like Jesus in life, let's set ourselves on fire. I think we are by nature "people watchers", I know I am. I need to daily remind myself that people are watching. It may be my best opportunity to "talk" about Jesus!

0 comments: