Thursday, April 26, 2007

Church On the Move

Here I am...sitting in bed at 11:55 PM at the Hampton Inn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The first night of the Dream Conference was incredible. Reggie Joiner, the creator of our Buzz curriculum, spoke tonight. Great message. The worship band was off the hook! Their staging was the coolest thing Keaton and I have ever seen. I'm gonna try to gets some pics of it tomorrow and see if I can show it before I even try to describe it. Their worship leader is the lead singer from the group 4Him, Andy Chrisman who is fantastic. Really anointed.

Tomorrow is gonna be great. All of the workshops look so good it will be hard to choose one. Before service, Keaton and I wandered around taking lots of pics of each of their nursery rooms and the Kids On the Move sanctuary. It was a riot to watch Keaton's face with every new thing we saw. It's just one of those places that you can hear about and even see pictures but you can't fully appreciate it unless you see it in person!

The staff and volunteers are going out of their way to be welcoming, friendly, helpful and if I was told once I was told 100 times, "We are so glad you are here." After service, we got to got to their Oneighty building where all their youth ministry happens and tour and play Bingo with about 1000 people for some incredible prizes. Neither of us won but it was still fun.

I've gotta get a few zzzzz's so I'll try to write more tomorrow. Let Brother TD Jakes says...Get Ready, Get Ready, Get Ready!!!

1 comments:

amain said...

It all sounds AWESOME!!! But truly, I cannot even imagine you MORE enthusiastic about Children's Ministry~ YIPES!!!