Monday, April 30, 2007

Dream Conference

I am on serious information overload. The conference was incredible and worth every penny in my opinion. Not only did Keaton and I learn some things, we were inspired to dream BIG, and we had a blast. I'll have to share bits and pieces in several posts so I can do the information justice and it's not just rambling. One super fun thing that happened was I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Reggie Joiner from Northpoint Community Church in Georgia. He is the main creator behind the material we use in The Buzz. I have been a fan of his ministry for several years and have gotten to hear him preach a few times. In the picture album I included is one of the two of us together. He asked me for my e-mail so they can contact me to get a testimony about how The Buzz is going for us. Pretty cool. Those of you who read this and are involved in children's ministry need to try to get to a Dream Conference at least once in your life. Even if you are a seasoned children's pastor and think you know all there is, I guarantee you will still get a lot from it.

Keaton was so fun to watch. When we went into their Resource Room, I thought he was going to faint! If you know Keaton at all, he LOVES organization and this place was the ultimate in order and neatness. They have every conceivable prop, costume, puppet, and gizmo you could ever need to teach kids.

The conference was helpful to know we are on the right track in what we are doing for our kids so far. Many of the things they suggested we already do only on a smaller scale than Church On the Move. Some things I will be sharing at our upcoming Baby Steps Training/Meeting. Enjoy the pics!

Kodakgallery.com Choose an album to view

0 comments: