Thursday, April 12, 2007

What Are You Passionate About?

That has been a question on KZZQ radio the past couple of weeks. They are doing some sort of pole to see what people are passionate about. Got me thinking...what floats my boat? Obviously, I am passionate about Jesus but here are some other things from my heart in a somewhat random order.

1. I am passionate about my relationship with my husband and our children. It takes work and care and I am not willing to scrimp on it.

2. Children - to teach them about Jesus, to love them no matter what, to help them be successful in life and relationships, and to love them enough to teach them right from wrong.

3. Feeding people. I get such gratification from seeing someone enjoy something I have prepared for them.

4. Hospitality - I love to have people over and hang out and them to feel at home.

5. Good coffee and bagels - Nothing beats a Panera bagel, and a sugar-free cinnamon dulce latte from Starbucks.

6. Friends - I have so many awesome friends and I hope I never fail to tell them how much I love and appreciate them.

7. Staying creative and flexible in ministry. Stretching myself to new levels and not getting into a comfort zone.

8. Chips and salsa from El Rodeo! Lindsay, am I speaking your language, babe?

9. Jewelry :)

10. PREACHING! I may not be the best children's pastor in the country but I love what I do and communicating Jesus to kids really gets me going!

I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll think of a few more things but this gets the conversation started. What gets you going? Just curious.

6 comments:

Truders said...

Lori, you sure got me thinking!!

Unknown said...

I am pickin' up what you're puttin' down! YUM!

We are going to El Rodeo tonight to have some with the Littles. I just couldn't resist!

I was struck by #1...how you're not willing to 'scrimp' on those relationships...and how sometimes, in the day-to-day, I think that happens to me. Gotta go here and there, do this and that, and I forget sometimes that these relationships are the most important ones. Good thoughts.

Angela said...

I think our kids would argue #10!

Angela said...

HHHMMMM I will have to pnder this one, I am not sure I know what my passion is.

joshua said...

Passionate about Pastor Lori's birthday! Happy Birthday! You Rock!
Thanks for being such a passionate kids pastor!

Jenn said...

So funny about EL RODEO, it was the last thing Cale talked about before going to bed-"mom can I wear these shoes to El Rodeo", I'm like when are we going there. Then this morning where are we going after we drop Colby off at school? Home, no we need to go to El Rodeo I'm hungry-he definitely is also a fan.