Friday, April 13, 2007

Randy's Tribute to Pastor Lori

Don't freak out. I did not hack into Pastor Lori's blog. I'm not savvy enough for that, and she would pound me if I did. She opened her blog to me, so I can post this tribute. In honor of Pastor Lori's birthday I want to brag about her.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...No. Wait. That's the wrong beginning.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times...No,no,no. That's not it either.

In a mysterious land called Sioux City in 1980 God allowed me to unite with the love of my life. If you want to know details, you'll have to ask her. I keep a picture of Lori and my kids with their names on it to help me remember who they are. Not really, but I'm not really good with details. To honor the wonderful Pastor Lori I want to blog a few things I love about her.

1)She is HOT! Chill out. I can say that about the pastor. I'm her husband.
2)She's a great kisser! 'nuf said.
3)She is a great cook! Take my waist line as evidence. Also, Pastor Josh's rants about her chocolate cake gives some credence to the claim.
4)I love her laugh. It is contagious.
5)I love her unique vocabulary. Example: Huh-na-wa? Good night on Friday. etc.
6)Her sense of humor. Pastor Lori is not afraid to laugh at herself. She also laughs at my jokes occasionally.
7)Her integrity. She is true to Christ no matter where she is.
8)How she loves our children. She has been a FANTASTIC mother! If you meet our children, it will be evident.
9)How she loves your children! I am always amazed at the love she is capable of for the little ones. I have seen little ones run to her in the store. Her eyes light up whenever she thinks of your kids and how she can serve them. There may be children's pastors with more talent, experience, or what ever, but I defy you to find one with more love for HER kids.

Finally. I love Lori for putting up with me for twenty-seven years! She has been supportive, loving, and my best friend.

Happy Birthday Pastor Lori!!! You are the best.

4 comments:

amain said...

Hunky AND a sense of humor~ no wonder you love Mr. Randy so much! Hope your birthday has been a GREAT one~ you deserve all the best:)

Truders said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!! LOVE YOU TONS.

Dara said...

oh randy - you had me laughing - that was sweet! I hope that pastor Lori's love tank has been filled today. We love you both.

Angela said...

Happy birthday to you, you live in the zoo you look like a monkey and you act like one too...just kidding the kids wanted me to sing this version to you but seriously....we love you so much and hope you had a very blessed day. Thanks to Randy for making me giggle!