Wednesday, April 25, 2007

District Council and Tulsa

I feel a little out of the loop. I have spent three full days at our annual District Council meetings. All of the Iowa Assembly of God pastors, spouses and newly credentialed people gather for business meetings and elections of officials, etc. To some, this may be boring but I really enjoy District Council. I enjoy most of the business side of it; seeing how the officials deal with all the things most of us don't think about that are a part of ministry. I REALLY enjoy the fellowship side of it. It's an opportunity to see fellow pastors from across the state that I only see a couple of times a year. I have opportunities to network and brainstorm and be challenged by some usually great speakers. It was fun this year to have so many people come up to me and say, "I hear things are going great at Jordan Creek Family Church." It gave me many opportunities to give God praise for all He is doing at JCFC and to brag a little about our pastor and all the awesome, incredible, dedicated people we have as a part of JCFC. It's not that we are looking for man's approval but it is nice to hear that so many people in our fellowship are excited for us and have been praying and believing for awesome things.

Thursday morning, Keaton (our son, who is also a children's pastor) and I are leaving for a children's pastor conference in Tulsa at Church on the Move. I am so thankful for the opportunity to go for three days of challenging messages, great workshops, information and ideas, new resources and networking. This is a top notch conference that I have been blessed to attend twice before. This church was literally built on children's ministry and they know what they are doing. They minister to thousands of kids every week. I am super excited that Keaton and I get to do this together. He has never been there so it will be so fun to see it through his eyes. For all my fellow children's ministers that read this blog, I'll post some details and share all the good info I get! Pray that I will get ALL God has for me and even though it is three very full days that I will feel refreshed physically.

See you all Sunday. I'm not sure I'll get to post while I'm in Tulsa.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I am so jealous! I loved the Church on the Move. It was such a great conference. Are you going to dry Gulch? Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

How cool to have a children's pastor as a son as well. As I'm only 45 days from the birth of my first child (Titus Whitfield), I could think of nothing more humbling than seeing him enter full time ministry... unless he want's do do something that makes a lot of money and help supplement my retirement. I know you're blessed!