Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Love My Life

I am having what I call "a thinking day." It's when I am focused on hearing God's voice and He helps me think through whatever is going on in my life. It's on these "thinking days" that He inspires me with ideas for ministry, shows me a sermon illustration to use that helps my kids understand a Biblical principle and helps me notice the little things in life that I don't always see in the busyness of everyday. Love it when that happens.

I had an opportunity to spend a little bit of time with Isabella and Lisi today that blessed my socks off! They came over for a little while before school and in that short time we laughed, colored, watched the cat, told stories, talked about going to the lake at grandma and grandpas, talked about veterinarians, underwear with fairies on them plus squeezed in a short game of Sorry and painted our toenails! Whew, we didn't waist one second of our time! Those two always crack me up with the cutest things they say. When I took them to school, we pulled into a parking spot right in front and Isabella says, "Yes, rock star parking!" Too funny! When I delivered them to their classrooms it was fun to see the place I hear so much about. Isabella's teachers wanted to know who I was but Iz thought they were asking about her stuffed dog, Snowball and she said, "Oh, that's snowball." They looked at me and laughed. Then I said, "Iz, I think they wanted to know who drove you to school today." She looked at me like, duh and said, "You did." "I think they wanted to know my name." She said, like they should already know, "Oh, that's Pastor Lori." Maybe she just assumed I'm famous with them like I am with all the kids at JCFC! :)

How can you not love your life when you have a day like this?

1 comments:

amain said...

And with ALL you did with my cute girls this morning, what was Isabella SO excited to share with me? That Micaela is VERY good at drawing horses:) Lisi, however, was very excited to show me her painted tootsies:) Again, I thank you!!!