Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rants: Al Gore Smokes Crack and Forwards

I think it must be true. Mister Global Warming needs to visit Iowa! Dude, where is spring? I love sweaters but I'm so over them by now. I'm longing for sandals and Capri pants. Man, I'd even settle for a short sleeved shirt. So back off with you global warming theory!

Okay, now that I'm on a roll....What is the deal with forwards on e-mail? Dog gone, who sits around creating all that nonsense? PLEASE don't send me the ones that say, "If you're not ashamed of Jesus, you'll send this to at least 10 of your friends." Or the one that promises to "grant my wish" if I forward this to every person on the planet. People, do you really think you will get a $100 from Microsoft or prevent gang related activity if you forward something? Randy got one at work yesterday that was a petition to stop Madeline Murray O'Hare from suing congress to take Christian programing off TV. The chick has been dead for years! Randy said there were over 2000 names on the list and it stated if you stopped the petition, all those names would be lost. So know this, I don't make wishes, I pray. I am not ashamed of Jesus but have better ways to show I serve Him than e-mail. And Microsoft can keep their $100...I trust God to meet all of my needs.

Okay, I'm starting to feel better! Have a wonderful day and don't worry...I AM mentally stable. :)

8 comments:

becky said...

AMEN!!!!!!!
I'm totally with you on the ones about "if you're not ashamed" I used to get those all of the time!!!

Unknown said...

i HATE forwards. i have not gotten one worth keeping or sending on. they are ALL made up!

i think it's the weather....i woke up in the biggest funk once i saw the snow. what is up with that?!

amain said...

I use to 'reply all' to those forwards with www.snopes.com. But even that did not stop the worst offenders.
As for Al Gore...I am crackin' UP that our children's pastor used the term 'smokes crack'!!! But really, people, weather is cyclical...

Anonymous said...

The ones about Madalyn petitioning the FCC have been around FOREVER. The original petition that was in 1974 wasn't even about banning all "Christian" broadcasting. The FCC through it out in 1975, because it would have been unconstitutional (it would have violated the 1st amendment). ALSO, Madalyn Murray O'Hair wasn't even involved in it. If we Christians were as adamant about sharing the gospel as we are about stopping people from violating our freedoms, there would probably be a lot more people being set FREE! Let's let Madalyn "rest in peace" and let Jesus LIVE!

Dara said...

Oh I am laughing my head off - this is great - rock on Randy! way to set the record strait! loved this post!

little mama said...

Once I got a great email that was an anti-forward forward. It was so hilarious I almost wet my pants. Something to the effect of...thank you friends, now because of all your forwards I can't pump gas without the fear of being kidnapped, can't drink Diet Coke because it can also be used to clean toilets, can't use my cell phone because surely I have huge tumors on either side of my head ready to sprout out at any moment...and on and on....SAY NO TO FORWARDS!

Lori Eilers said...

Yeah...I'm not alone in my rants!

Angela said...

Too funny! I'm with Amy on our children's pastor using the 'smokin crack' line...that totally cracked me up!!! Way to tell it like it is, PL!!